The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities is a nonprofit, nonpartisan policy organization working at the federal and state levels on fiscal policy and public programs that affect low- and moderate-income families and individuals.
The Center is dedicated to improving government policies toward low- and middle-income Americans and ensuring that government has the resources to meet its responsibilities and address critical needs. The Center also helps other nonprofits, both in Washington, DC and across the country, participate more effectively in policy debates over budget priorities and reducing poverty and inequality.
Visit the Center’s background page for more information.
Thank you for joining the conversation. Comments are subject to approval and moderation. We reserve the right to remove comments that:
- are injurious, defamatory, profane, off-topic or inappropriate;
- contain personal attacks or racist, sexist, homophobic, or other slurs;
- solicit and/or advertise for personal blogs and websites or to sell products or services;
- may infringe the copyright or intellectual property rights of others or other applicable laws or regulations; or
- are otherwise inconsistent with the goals of this blog.
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.